Frank West (a.k.a Frank Algernon West), is the protagonist of Dead Rising, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, and Dead Rising 4. Frank is a freelance photojournalist who travels to the fictional town of Willamette, Colorado, to investigate a story that could change his career. When he arrives, he finds the town under attack by zombies. He soon finds himself trapped in a mall, where he must fight his way through hordes of zombies to uncover the truth behind the outbreak.
Frank West is known for his witty personality and dry sense of humor. He’s a bit of a wise guy and tends to make sarcastic comments, even in the face of danger.
He’s also brave and determined, always willing to do whatever it takes to get the story and survive.
Frank West’s background is not extensively explored in the Dead Rising games, but we do know some key details about his life.
He was born and raised in Willamette, Colorado, and attended the University of Missouri, where he studied photojournalism. After college, he became a freelance photojournalist, traveling the world to cover stories in war-torn countries and other dangerous locations.
Frank West gained a reputation for his unconventional methods and willingness to take risks to get the perfect shot.
He’s been involved in several close calls throughout his career, including being shot and captured by rebels in Central America. Despite these dangers, Frank is dedicated to his job and is always looking for the next big story.
In addition to his career as a photojournalist, Frank West is also a bodybuilder and weightlifter.
He takes pride in his physical strength and often uses it to his advantage in combat situations. It’s also worth noting that Frank has a daughter, Katey, who appears in the second and fourth Dead Rising games.
Frank West is known for his unique style. He often wears a leather jacket, jeans, and sneakers.
He has a distinctively muscular build, which he maintains through his love of weightlifting. He also wears a camera around his neck, which he uses to document his experiences.
Frank West is a skilled fighter who can use a variety of weapons to take down zombies. In the first Dead Rising game, he can use anything he finds in the mall as a weapon, from baseball bats to lawnmowers. In later games, he has access to more specialized weapons, such as firearms and explosives.
Frank West has had several allies throughout his time in the Dead Rising games. Some of his most notable allies include:
Isabela Keyes – Isabela is a scientist who Frank West meets in the first Dead Rising game. She becomes his reluctant ally as they work together to uncover the truth behind the zombie outbreak in Willamette. Isabela is also a playable character in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
Chuck Greene – Chuck is the protagonist of Dead Rising 2, but he and Frank West cross paths in the spinoff game Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. They work together to uncover the conspiracy behind the zombie outbreak in Fortune City.
Rebecca Chang – Rebecca is a news reporter who Frank West meets in Dead Rising 2. She becomes his ally as they investigate the zombie outbreak in Fortune City. Rebecca is also a playable character in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
Brad Garrison – Brad is a member of the Special Forces who Frank meets in the first Dead Rising game. He’s one of the few survivors in the Willamette Mall and helps Frank in his quest to uncover the truth about the outbreak.
Stacey Forsythe – Stacey is a member of the survivor group in Dead Rising 2. She’s a radio operator who helps Frank West and Chuck by providing information about the outbreak and the location of survivors.
These are just a few of the allies that Frank West has had throughout the series. He’s known for working well with others, even if he doesn’t always agree with their methods or motives.
Frank West has had his fair share of enemies in the Dead Rising games. Here are some of his most notable foes:
Carlito Keyes – Carlito is Isabela’s brother and the main antagonist of the first Dead Rising game. He’s responsible for causing the zombie outbreak in Willamette and is determined to exact revenge on the people he blames for his sister’s death.
TK – TK is a corrupt showman in Dead Rising 2 who takes advantage of the zombie outbreak in Fortune City to put on a twisted game show. He’s also responsible for framing Chuck Greene for starting the outbreak and is ultimately revealed to be the mastermind behind the conspiracy.
Sgt. Dwight Boykin – Dwight is a deranged military officer who becomes the primary antagonist of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. He’s in charge of the security forces in Fortune City and is obsessed with taking down the zombies, even if it means sacrificing innocent lives.
Adam the Clown – Adam is a psychopathic clown in the first Dead Rising game who terrorizes survivors in the Willamette Mall. He’s one of the game’s most memorable bosses and is notoriously difficult to defeat.
The Convicts – The Convicts are a group of escaped prisoners in the first Dead Rising game who take over the entrance plaza of the Willamette Mall. They’re armed and dangerous and will stop at nothing to escape the zombie-infested mall.
The Dead Rising series features several different games with different storylines, but the overall premise is that the games take place during a zombie outbreak in various settings.
In the first game, Dead Rising, players control Frank West, a photojournalist who finds himself trapped in a shopping mall in the fictional town of Willamette, Colorado.
The game takes place over a 72-hour period, during which Frank must survive and uncover the truth behind the outbreak.
As players progress through the game, they must navigate the mall and fend off hordes of zombies, as well as rescue survivors and complete various missions.
Frank West has access to a wide variety of weapons, including firearms and improvised weapons such as chainsaws and baseball bats.
The game also features a photography mechanic, where Frank can take pictures of various events and earn points that can be used to level up and improve his abilities.
The story of Dead Rising involves a government conspiracy to cover up the zombie outbreak, and Frank must unravel the mystery while also dealing with various factions vying for control of the mall.
The game features multiple endings depending on the player’s actions and choices throughout the game.
Subsequent games in the series, including Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 3, follow similar premises but feature different protagonists and settings.
Dead Rising 2 takes place in the fictional city of Fortune City, Nevada, where former motocross champion Chuck Greene must compete in a deadly game show to earn money to buy Zombrex, a drug that prevents zombification in those who have been bitten.
Dead Rising 3 takes place in the city of Los Perdidos, California, where mechanic Nick Ramos must escape the city before it is destroyed by a military strike.
Despite the different storylines, the Dead Rising series is known for its over-the-top, humorous take on the zombie genre, with plenty of gore and dark humor.
The games also feature a time-based structure, where players must complete objectives within a certain time limit or face dire consequences.
Here are ten of Frank West’s most memorable quotes from the Dead Rising games:
- “I’ve covered wars, you know.” – Frank’s most famous catchphrase, which he uses to boast about his experience as a photojournalist.
- “Well, it’s a scoop, alright. I’ve covered wars, you know.” – A variation on Frank’s catchphrase, which he uses when he first arrives in the Willamette Mall in Dead Rising.
- “I didn’t come to this mall for fresh air and exercise.” – Frank’s response to Otis when he suggests that they take a break from their zombie-slaying to get some fresh air.
- “I’m not much of a team player. It’s a character flaw, really.” – Frank’s confession to Chuck Greene in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
- “Life is good when you’re me.” – Frank’s cocky response to a zombie outbreak in Fortune City in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
- “That’s the thing about zombies. They don’t negotiate.” – Frank’s observation on the undead in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
- “Looks like somebody didn’t get the memo.” – Frank’s sarcastic response to a zombie that tries to attack him in Dead Rising.
- “I’ll be honest with you, kid. I wouldn’t trade places with you for all the money in the world.” – Frank’s warning to Chuck Greene about the dangers of being a hero in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
- “Don’t worry. I’m still plenty screwed up.” – Frank’s response to Rebecca Chang when she asks if he’s okay after surviving a zombie attack in Dead Rising 2.
- “You can’t always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need.” – Frank’s observation on the zombie apocalypse in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
- “I guess the zombies are attracted to your bling, buddy.” – Frank’s sarcastic remark to a survivor who is being chased by zombies because of his flashy jewelry in Dead Rising.
- “We need to talk about your definition of ‘better’, buddy.” – Frank’s response to a survivor who tells him that things are getting better in Fortune City, despite the ongoing zombie outbreak in Dead Rising 2.
- Frank West was originally designed to look like Harrison Ford, specifically his character from Blade Runner.
- In the original Dead Rising game, Frank was voiced by Terence J. Rotolo, who also provided motion capture for the character.
- Frank’s appearance in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record was modeled after his appearance in the original Dead Rising game, rather than the updated version seen in Dead Rising 2.
- In the Dead Rising series, Frank is known for his love of photography and is often seen taking pictures of the zombie outbreak.
- Frank’s camera in the Dead Rising series is called the “Prestige Point Camera” and is used to earn experience points by taking pictures of zombies, survivors, and other elements in the game world.
- Frank’s iconic line, “I’ve covered wars, you know,” has become a popular meme and has been referenced in other video games and media.
- In the Dead Rising series, Frank is known for his resourcefulness and ability to improvise weapons out of everyday objects found in the game world.
- Frank is also known for his trademark outfit, which consists of a green jacket, jeans, and brown boots.
- Frank is a playable character in the fighting game Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, where he wields a variety of improvised weapons.
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Frank can be heard humming the theme song to the original Dead Rising game.
- Frank’s original voice actor, Terence J. Rotolo, was replaced by T.J. Storm starting with Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
- Frank has appeared as a guest character in other video games, including Project X Zone 2 and Super Ultra Dead Rising 3′ Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha.
- Frank’s name is a reference to the Frankenstein monster, as he is a mishmash of various ideas and influences.
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Frank can unlock a “Cosplay Warrior” costume that allows him to dress up as various Capcom characters, including Ryu from Street Fighter and Dante from Devil May Cry.
- Frank’s appearance in the Dead Rising film adaptation was played by actor Rob Riggle, who has also appeared in comedy films such as The Hangover and Step Brothers.
Also Read: Dorian Pavus
Frank West is a beloved character in the Dead Rising series, and for good reason. He’s a unique and entertaining protagonist who’s always ready with a witty one-liner. He’s also a skilled fighter who can use anything he finds as a weapon. Whether you’re a fan of the Dead Rising games or just looking for a fun and entertaining character, Frank West is worth getting to know.